An ophthalmologist recommends this if you have symptoms of watery eyes, red eyes, itchy eyes, blurred vision, or eye irritation or severe eye pain. After using artificial tears, you should stop using them and see an ophthalmologist immediately.
What are artificial tears?
Dr. Manat Phothapan, Deputy Director-General of the Department of Medical Services, said artificial tears were produced to lubricate the eyeball. Has properties similar to natural tears. Helps relieve eye irritation, burning or discomfort. This may be caused by excessive use of the eyes or dry eyes.
Artificial tears may also be used to lubricate the eyeballs for people who wear contact lenses. However, the use of artificial tear products has medical indications and precautions for use. Therefore, users should consult an ophthalmologist. and under guidance Also, follow the instructions on the label carefully. It should not be used in too large or too small a quantity and should not be used for a longer period of time in order to be able to use it safely.
Types of artificial tears
Dr. Saijin Isipradit, Director of Mettapracharak Hospital (Wat Rai Khing), added that There are 4 types of artificial tear products available:
- Bottle type: Contains preservatives. Shelf life: 1 month (after opening).
- Bottle type: Contains biodegradable preservatives. Shelf life: 1 month (after opening).
- Small bulb type, no preservatives added, shelf life 1 day (after opening)
- Gel type, ointment (eye smear type) has a shelf life of 1 month (after opening).
Most doctors recommend using the time before bed. But can be used when your eyes feel dry during the day.
How to use artificial tears correctly
The use of artificial tears should be under the guidance of an ophthalmologist and should be used carefully according to label instructions. But in general, there are ways to use artificial tears safely:
- You should wash your hands thoroughly before using artificial tear.
- Lift your head to a comfortable position. Then pull the shell down to make room for the artificial tears.
- If it’s a bottle type or the type of ointment tube with a label The tip of the medicine tube should be labeled. Or the tip of the artificial tear bottle is some distance from the eye.
- Slowly drip down, generally using about 1 drop. While dripping, keep your eyes on the surface.
- After instilling artificial tears, keep your eyes closed for 1-2 minutes. Do not squint or blink to prevent the artificial tear from flowing out of your eyes too quickly.
- Wipe off any excess artificial tears with a cotton swab or clean cloth. โปรโมชั่น ufabet
- Care should be taken not to let the tip of the artificial tear tube come into contact with the eyes, facial skin, or any part of the body. Because it may be contaminated with bacteria causing infection.
At present, artificial tear products are available in many different brands. Therefore, if you have a history of allergic reactions to artificial tear, Should be avoided or consult an ophthalmologist before use. or have abnormalities such as watery eyes, red eyes, itchy eyes, blurred vision, or eye irritation or eye pain, you should stop using it immediately and see an ophthalmologist.